Delicious Chicken Fajitas
- 1 juice from a medium lemon
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs of skinless boneless chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium red bell peppers seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 medium green bell peppers seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, large dice
- corn tortillas
- guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and cheese, (optional) for serving.
In a baking dish add the lemon juice, cilantro, fresh garlic, chili powder, chipotle powder, cumin, olive oil, salt,and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
Trim chicken fat off chicken and cut into strips. Place chicken into the baking dish you just set aside, let marinate for about 20-30 minutes.
While letting chicken marinate, work on the bell pepper and onion mix.
In a large bowl mix:
2 table spoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon cumin
Set aside until chicken is on the grill.
After chicken is marinated place on preheated grill.
Either grill the pepper and onion mix on the grill, in a vegetable grill basket – like this one:
Barbecue Burger Basket Grill or preheat a cast iron skillet on high and stir fry after you flip the chicken, so that everything is cooked to perfection at the same time.
Flip chicken only once!
Once everything is all cooked up and delicious, we warm our tortillas on the grill. Then serve!!
Perfect for a Saturday Grill party!